Saturday, October 15, 2011

Of Rainbows, Loopiness and Breaking the Fall

This has been an exceedingly exciting week involving rainbows and loopiness. Ending with a much welcome fall break.

It was probably a mixture of knowing I was nearing break and having to deal with rainbows that put me a little over the top. Well, right now, I'm over and off the top. But that rainbow day, I was pretty much on Mount Everest. So much so that when I went in to work, my boss accused me of being in love. Yes. I was that loopy.

So that rainbow day, a bunch of my nursing friends and I donned our smurfy outfits and took our smurfy bee-hinds to this preschool to hold a mini health fair. Each one of us had a little booth and of course, I chose to have mine on nutrition because I love my veggies.

I taught them how to eat the rainbow. Pretty cheesy, but when you have a group of wide eyed preschoolers inhaling everything you say, its pretty amazing. Cheese is amazing too.



That was one of my groups of preschoolers inhaling what I had to say to them. The picture is blurred out in case there are any pedophiles reading my blog!!! Grrr, go away!


I must say, 6 years teaching sunday school really gives you a heads up on how to communicate to kids. Yes ma, I took notes.


But at the end of the day, it is my nursing buddies that made that rainbow day so great. Without them, I'd fail, drop out of school, and spend the rest of my life picking coca-cola cans off the ground.


So plans for fall break? Well, I have a "to do list" of assignments that I need to get out of the way so that I don't fail, drop out of school, and spend the rest of my life picking coca-cola cans off the ground.

No comments: