Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Windy City

They call Chicago the windy city; which really isn't all that exciting considering that I come from the (self proclaimed) windy state of oklahoma. But Chicago is a 13 hour drive north from where I am, and at this time of the year, north = COLD.

But for some unexplainable reason, a friend and I decided to take that 13 hour drive northward in winter instead being sane and staying home watching movies with a big mug of hot chocolate and a turkey carcass in the trashcan.
So that's me taking my first driving shift. For the first time in my life, I thanked my creator that I have a butt, because my bee-hind was nice and numb after each shift. I can't imagine what it would be like if my hiney wasn't as well cushioned as it is.


So we stopped by the University of Illinois to crash at my DNA ex-roommate's apartment which was a ton of fun coz a bunch of other Malaysians decided to crash at her apartment too and after two days, the Malaysianess had its effect on me: all the lah's and aduhai's started sputtering out of my mouth like nobody's business. I even got all excited when I saw an angmor in the car in front of us. That is, until I realised I was still in America and I was supposed to see angmors in the cars in front of me.

But yeah, we went to chicago and took pictures by the bean. Because that is what tourist do. They go to the bean, gasp at their reflection in the bean, take pictures of themselves in the bean, ask people to take pictures of them and the bean, and finally walk away from the bean.
So we wandered around chicago for a bit...and met up with some fellow OCU kids for Chicago Deep Dish Pizza. Again. Trust me when I say one slice is enough. Unless you are a guy...coz culinary rules fail to apply to guys.

And that's Chicago at night. Kinda looks like KL from my bedroom. Lol.

The next day we went to the aquarium to look at fishies before driving all the way back home. Which means we reached at 2 am. Half dead, but still breathing.

No comments: