Sunday, November 28, 2010

An appetizer

I just got back from a roadtrip to Chicago and am in the process of compiling pictures So until then, here's a little appetizer to whet your appetite. It has not failed to make people laugh, and I doubt you will be able to keep a straight face.

Ready?

True story k?

Alrights, here we go.

So 2 weeks ago, the Asian-American student association took part in an international food showcase and as tradition demands it, we made egg rolls. 500 of them to be exact. So on Wednesday night, we were in the cafeteria kitchen rolling them thingies. About 300 egg rolls into the night, I had to run half way across campus to make sure a student group had everything they needs to start their event.

So I yank off my gloves, wash my chickeny hands and take off running to the business school. I find the people in charge and give the speech that I've given a hundred times before: "Himynameiscarynandiworkwithcampustechnologyijustwanttomakesurethatyouhavealltheequiptmentyouneedforyoureventtonight..."

They stare at me and are like, "you work with WHO?" At this point I think they are kinda rude for looking at me like I'm some weirdo from mars decending on them, but I reply nicely, "I work with Campus Technology. Do you have everything you need for your event tonight?" They assure me they are fine, and I happily take off so I can get back to rolling egg rolls. But as I exit the business school, I see my reflection in the door. And my instantly, my ego level hit rock bottom.

I had forgotten to take my hair net off.

No comments: