Sunday, January 24, 2010

Old Maid

If I die an old maid, it won't be because of the lack of chances. In fact, I can boast of a proposal waaay before any of my peers. And the dude was as cute as you could ask for - blond hair, blue eyes and charming to boot. Too bad he was 5 years old, and I, 12.

Little boys like me. I guess its my overwhelming compliance with being whoever they want me to be. A hunter? Sure, gimme a gun and I'll kill imaginary kangaroos from Ozdalia. A t-rex? I'll roar for you dah-ling.

I just spent the afternoon playing with a 3 year old boy, and I feel like a kid again. A kid with a backache from crawling under beds and hiding in "too tight for 19 year old giants" corners - but a kid nonetheless. So go forth and discover your inner child. Your back will hate you, but it'll be fun.

No comments: