Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fire in the hole!

My boss likes to fire me on a daily basis. Me thinks he thinks its good for my soul or something.

Boss: [walking past me] You're fired.
Me: [not looking up] Thank you.
Boss: [stops, turns around] What?
Me: [looking up] What?
Boss: Did you just thank me?
Me: Yea, I've to think of a new reply each time you fire me!
Boss: Haha! Well that's the best I've heard.

I tell you, one day, he's gonna fire me for real, and I'm not gonna believe him. But that's a different story.


And here is yet a different story:
So I toasted my bread. It got NICELY toasted. The smoke detector went off. The sprinklers started shoooooting out water. I nearly died.

Fine, the sprinklers didn't go off, but I nearly died anyhow - I thought I was gonna flood my apartment. I tell you, these American smoke alarms are dingdong sensitive.

No comments: