Saturday, September 26, 2009

Oxymoron

I always thought that I'd had to get married before someone referred to me 'baby' and 'housewife' in the same sentence...
Example 1: Hunky Hot Husband
Babe, you make the best cookies in the world!

Example 2: Geeky Multimillionaire Husband
I'm inviting Bill Gates for dinner tonight. Baby, can you see to that please?

Example 3: Rich Old Man Husband
Baby, I'm dying. Please Fix me a cup of tea. *gasps and dies*

...but I guess I was wrong.

My 23, 26 and 29 year-old housemates have dubbed me "baby", and call me their housewife. Apparently it makes them homesick to see me stand over the stove/ kitchen sink/ vacuum cleaner. Apparently 18 year old girls aren't supposed to feed themselves (and whoever else happens to be hungry) and keep a reasonably sanitized living area. Apparently this baby ain't a baby after all.

Apparently, I'm an oxymoron.

No comments: