Friday, August 7, 2009

Bovine Flu

Just in case someone forgot what bovine means:


It sounds so much better than 'cow flu', or 'cattle flu', or 'ox flu' doesn't it? 'Buffalo flu', on the other hand, shows some promise, but 'bovine flu' beats all for that smooth, intellectual feel.

Whatever, I'm talking crap. But let me clarify something, (before people start getting the wrong idea). Bovine flu doesn't exist. I just made that up because I fell sick. And let me clarify something else. I don't have swine flu. I'm just a sick cow.

It started sometime during bbq night last friday, and didn't get all that bad until saturday afternoon: after I cooked scrambled eggs for breakfast, deposited aunty jo with uncle cal, and taught a last minute guitar class. After 20 minutes, the real, legit teacher came and I scooted back to my bed and slept for 6 hours like a dead man.

I figure I caught the bug from one of the strokee patients. Must have been during one of the "how many grandchildren do you have?" conversations.

Anyways, this sick cow is feeling much better now. She's still coughing so that her little brain jiggles in its skull-case, giving her some massive headaches. But on the whole, everything is A-OK.

I think my body is realizing that this is the last time I'm letting it fall sick in a long long time. Getting ill in America is SO NOT an option!

No comments: