Friday, June 5, 2009

...I wanna ride it all night long...

This is part two of Life is a highway. And yes, I kinda-sorta-sometimes-once in a while listen to country moosik. I'm glad I got that off my chest.

Now for the main course.

So on the way up to Ipoh/Penang, dad got David and me to drive. Hmmm...now I know why our "travelling mercies" prayer was longer than before.

When Pa drives on the highway, we all sleep and leave him to suffer in silence. But when Dave or I drive, everyone is on full alert. Like seriously. We always try to get mum to sit behind the drivers seat so she can't check our speed every other second. But then if she wants to check our speed every other second and make her mor qui chang...I can't complain. Right mum? RIGHT.

Oh..."mor qui chang" is hokkien for "hair stand up".

Anyways, I didn't kill nobody. I mean, I'm a nice, sedate, phlegmatic driver. I stay well below the speed limit. I hardly overtake. And I only got one glare from a lorry driver. I think. Hee.

No comments: