Sunday, June 7, 2009

Of needles and blood.

A few weeks ago, I was at this ChapFun stall with rachelHubs. She pointed at this dish, and...

RachelHubs: Have you eaten this bean thing?
Me: *stare*
RachelHubs: It's HaemogloBIN!!!
Me: *stare*

When your "hubby" makes jokes about a dish of clotted blood, just stare. It's the thing to do.


So the blood donation people came to church today. And I dragged Miss Ong down to get stabbed and have our lives sucked out of us. After all the paper work, I climbed into THE CHAIR and the nurse started poking around...

...and then I fainted.

Just kidding.

...and then I started laughing, because she couldn't find my vein. In the end, the nurse found it...and then Miss Ong joined me.

Me: Have they stabbed you yet?
Miss Ong: No.

(2 minutes later)
Me: Have they stabbed you yet?
Miss Ong: No. Stop freaking me out.
Me: Oh. Sorwee.


Funny thing was that though Miss Ong started later than me, her bag of strawberry juice got filled way before mine. And I was the one faithfully squeezing the stick. Oh the injustice!

Anyways, they finally filled the bag. It looks like leong fun. Don't you think?


Anyways, I was fine and dandy. Until I went to service...and had a tummy upset, got light headed, whoozy and nearly fainted. I figure that what ever strawberry juice I had left in my system had gone to my tummy. Cut the long story short, Ah Boy had to take me back home. Though I bet he was closer to fainting than me...BOYS!

But hey, I'd do it again. Someone needs it more than me right?

2 comments:

esiotrot =) said...

isn't it ur ah boy who is afraid of blood if i recall correctly? lol...

rach said...

wahliaoh. so proud of you!
*beams

MEET UP AHH