Saturday, October 25, 2008

The number 18

Oooh!!! I'm 18. I'm legal. I'm like..."okaaay..."


By the way, the legal age to buy alcohol here is 21, so I can't do anything dumb. Yet. =P

The only thing that changes is that I can sign all my consent forms without feeling guilty. There's always this postscript on all my paperwork that says "If you are 18 years old or younger, you must get the consent of a parent or legal guardian...". Since mum and dad live 20,000 miles away, I figure that it wouldn't be (that big) a sin to ignore that postscript.

Talking about age...when I was 11 years old, in Kentucky when dad was at Asbury Theological Seminary, some anonymous student asked me for directions to ______ building. I was like, "Umm. I don't know." The reply was, "Aren't you a seminary student?" My reply was, *eyes bulge out*.

Sometime last year, I was walking with grandma when I met 2 ladies.
Lady 1: Lady 2, this is Pastor Andrew's sister.
Lady 2: And I suppose this is your mother?
Me: *eyes bulging out* No, actually I'm Pastor Andrew's youngest daughter.

Actually, I'm his only daughter, but I felt I needed to emphasize the point all the same.

People, I'm 18. I'm not in seminary. And I'm not my dad's sister. Don't make me any older than I am.

No comments: