Sunday, October 26, 2008

The number 18 (part 2)

Present #1
So the day you turn 18 is the day you supposedly become an adult right?? I mean, you get all sorts of annoying adult responsibilities and all that juvenile law stops applying to you and all...
Well anyways, I woke up with 2 zits on my forehead. TWO BIG RED OOOOGLY ZITS. Proves to me that I'm still a big buffalo of a kid.
.
Present #2
As usual, I went to Edmond International Chinese United Methodist Church. Bishop Peter Chio was preaching. I go all the way to America to hear an ex-Malaysian bishop preach. Oh the irony. Anyways, Aunty Su Yin, Choon Mui and Chuan Han, you would be proud to know that my chinese is "coming back" to me. I actually recognized 30% of the chinese characters. *faints*
.
Present #3
After service they had a "love feast" which happens every other week. It's a fancy name for lunch - a very yummy chinese white rice and dishes lunch. *burp!*
.
Present #4
Half way while lining up for food, the whole church started singing "Happy Birthday". Owhhh...so sweet right?? Haha...no lah, it was for a cute little girl whose birthday is tommorow.
.
Present #4 - the previous one doesn't really count >.<
Got back and Melissa (my foster mum) took me out to the zoo. Haha...What a grown up way to celebrate my birthday...But really, it was very very nice. It's a great place to walk about in...and I dearly love to walk and be brainless.
This is what you get when you compromise trying to get a picture of me and a bear: half of me, and half of the bear('s backside).


Present #5
A souvenir from the zoo.

Present #6
She gave me little cupcakes! Very nice of her.

.
Present #7
Roomie got excited about ice cream and took me and roommate to Braums. I got my all time favourite Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. The scoop-er (whatchamacallit??) got excited and gave me the biggest, americanest scoop of ice cream imaginable. My eyes nearly popped out. Salad for a week.

Roomie's spoon on the left, and Roomate's hand on the right.
.
Present #8
I gave davidKorkor a call to make him say "Happy Birthday" to me. Best part was, he was just about to fall asleep when I woke him up. He has an American accent, by the way. =P
.
The end.

4 comments:

esiotrot =) said...

your 18th sound more exciting than mine... lol... do u wear makeup now? will i recognise u when u come back? nope... i don't think so... scary... oh well... u and a burp? IMPOSSIBLE!!!!! lol...

caryn said...

do i wear makeup???? you think?!?!?! haha...i get natural blusher remember?? cold wind = pink cheeks...

esiotrot =) said...

but it looks like u have purple eye shadow on!!! lol...

caryn said...

whaaaat???
1. you can't even see my eye lids
2. i've got pink glasses
3. my whole face is pink
4. i'm wearing a pink top
5. therefore EVERYTHING is pink
and i don't even really like pink...