Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Kimia

Dr. E's my chemistry teacher...and he cracks me up, not because he's funny, but because he's not. Well today he was extra NOT funny...and he cracked me up even more.

Yeah...something like that...anyways...

Student: Dr. E! How acidic or basic a solution can we touch?

Dr. E: Weeeeell. You can touch a acid of pH 1. Or a base of pH 14. Except you might only be able to do it once. Your hand might burn off, but you can still touch it.

*Class cracks up*

Dr. E: Weeeeell, for example, HCl has a pH of 1. But like yesterday, I accidentally poured some on my hand. *slowly walks to the sink and pours some HCl on his hand* ARGHHH!!

*Everyone sits up straight*

Dr. E: Don't worry, I was just joking. It didn't hurt. Well, noooo, I think I've a cut somewhere, it's getting to me. But anyways, as I was saying....

...

He reminds me of my awesome F4/5 chemistry teacher, Pn. Norhayati.

Pn. N: So class, apabila you masuk the alkaline metal into the basin of water, you akan see an explosion. So everyone stand back ok?

*Class gets nervous*

Pn. N: Are you ready? *dumps a little piece of potassium into the basin of water* BOOOM!

*Everyone shrieks*

Pn. N: Ha Ha. Just joking. The potassium so small mana ada effect yang besar?

*Everyone groans*

...

Of course we can't forget Ms. Ong, my little bitty A-levels chemistry teacher.

YJ: Hey madam, look at my lizzard. (I think it was a lizzard)

Ms. Ong: Whaaat?

YJ: Touch it!

Ms Ong: NO! *hides*

YJ: Come on, it's fake lah.

Ms. Ong: Are you sure? *extends a hand cautiously*

YJ: *thrusts the thing in her face*

Ms. Ong: *SQUEAL*

.

Sigh. I love chemistry teachers. They are all a little bit odd. In a nice way, of course.

No comments: