Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Biblical Algebra

Man...I just finished 2 months of devotions on 1 Corinthians 13...anyways, today the instructions were:
.
If God = Jesus,
and God = Love,
Substitute Jesus into Love.
.
Well, I did spice it up some. Lets do that again in symbol form, shall we?
.
If X = Y,
and X = Z,
Substitute Y into Z.
.
Just like addmath huh?...I make Mdm. Sarah Tan proud...Or at least I like to think I do. =P
Here goes...
.
1 Corinthians 13
Love

1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not Jesus, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not Jesus, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not Jesus, I gain nothing.
4 Jesus is patient, Jesus is kind. He does not envy, he does not boast, he is not proud. 5He is not rude, he is not self-seeking, he is not easily angered, he keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Jesus does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7He always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Jesus never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13And now these three remain: faith, hope and Jesus. But the greatest of these is Jesus.
.
Kinda cool huh? It humbles me to see the standard of unconditional love that God sets for us through His son Jesus. It always makes me realise how far more we have to go before we can even begin to call ourselves sons and daughters of God, only God has already done so.

No comments: