Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Gone with the wind...

I woke up to the sound of rain hurling itself against my window. Oh great, it's cold again. Over here, Rain = at least 3 days of cold hands and feet. Rain also = wind, and lots of it. Oh well, at least I had a nice cool, sunshiney fall break.
.
This morning, Mr. Weather greeted me by helping my umbrella evolve to become a flower...hey look, my knee is in the picture...


...or a spider, really depends on how you look at it.


The sign boards on campus are also wind proofed...they have springs at their base so that the wind won't break the board and send it flying into someones face...and then the uni will get sued...basically it works like a punching bag...the wind punches it...it bends over...and it bends back...

Roomie punched it once...and it attacked her back...It's essential that you don't walk near these thingies when you are scurrying back to your warm dorm because...who knows when these vicious thingies will give you a concussion...

Umm...I wanted to get a picture of the sign board thingy...but I rather not look like a jakun, taking pictures of a sign board (!!!), in the nasty, cold wind...

No comments: