Friday, August 27, 2010

Everything

Ask me to describe my college experience in 4 words and I will give you this.

"Party"

"Pubs"

"F's"

&

"Shop"


And then I'll laugh, say "not really" and then give you this:

In no particular order: school, work, the apartment and church. And this time around, everything changed.

Most obviously, I started nursing school in earnest. No more random history and art classes for me, no more fooling around dissecting cats and playing with skeletons, and most devastating of all, no more classes so obsolete I forgot the names to. This year, I will bury my head in a stack of medical books thick enough to make a grown man cry. (This by the way, is a hyperbole)

Now work. I've been at my current part time job for a year and a half now and am the most ancient student worker in the entire office. This year, I came back to a new boss or rather a semibossless state. No boss! No boss! Lala-lala-lala!! (Think hyena. Think lion king) Another change.

The apartment is awesome. I struck the lottery and got an apartment with new furniture, new carpets and an interior designer to boot. Okay, maybe the interior designer did not come with the apartment, but she did sign up as my roommate. My new roomies, by the way are as kick-butt as roomies can be. =)

Church is different too. A couple old faces gone, and a bunch of new faces gained. But because of that, my cell group is neither here nor there. Lets just say its complicated.

So yes, the 4 areas that define my life as a college student have turned upssiedaisy. Everything's changed. Everything's different.

No comments: