Saturday, March 6, 2010

In the event of a carb overload...

Here comes another Friday night,
And she squeals aloud in pure delight,
For a swift glide over satin ice,
Alas she falls not once but twice.

Just so you know, I've been skating ever since I was 8. But you know what? I've been falling since the day I was born, and I guess I just am better at that.

She falls butt-first on the ground,
A gasp or two comes from around,
Up she pops with a smile for all,
And limps to the bench against the wall.

Knocking one's tailbone out of alignment certainly makes one famished. And after a carb overload, we felt the need to scale a fence and sneak into the baseball field to work off the extra glucose in our systems.

In the event of a carb overload,
Take a short run across the road,
Jump a fence and pose on the mound,
All the while dancing and prancing around.


1 comment:

rach said...

(: oh i miss ice skating! fun!