Friday, August 21, 2009

I've never...

I've never had a week like this before. I've never worked a 40 hour week before. I've never done so much shopping on foot before. I've never hugged/been hugged so many times in 7x24 hours before. I've never eaten so many sandwiches before. I've never been so disorientated before. I've never run head first into a glass door before. But that's a different post.

I've never worked a 40 hour week before. I seriously considered doing a 30 hour week instead, considering the fact that my body clock was still set unto Malaysian time. But the 2 other student employees in the A/V department stopped working for one reason or another. That left me, boss, and a one week old new guy. And I tell you, Orientation Week is not the time to be understaffed. We had events galore to set up, mend and tear down. So this girl found herself running around campus like a headless chicken. Like two headless chickens. No, like three headless chickens. But then again, the extra cash couldn't hurt, especially since...

I've never done so much shopping on foot before. I guess I could ask someone to give me a ride, but I really really hate asking people for favours when I don't really have to. Setting up 'house' can be fun, I guess...but at the expense of my calves. That is, my lower legs, not my baby cows. I don't have baby cows.

I've never hugged/been hugged so many times in 7x24 hours before. I'm not a huggie wuggie person. Never was, never will be, even though I've improved SOOO much already. But yes, I've violated many people's personal space this week.

I've never eaten so many sandwiches before. My pots and pans aren't here yet. So I've been sandwiching for the past week. I did, however throw together a egg-bake for dinner today. Literally closed my eyes, crossed my fingers, dumped everything into a bowl and dumped the bowl in the oven. It was edible. Just so you know.

I've never been so disorientated before. Consider this:
Boss: Could you run down to the scene shop and ask them for two mic stands?
Me: Okay. *walks off* Wait, am I going in the right dirrection?
Boss: No.
Me: Yeah, that's right. *walks off in another wrong dirrection*

I've never had a week like this before. It hasn't been bad. But I'm sure glad it only comes once a year.

No comments: