Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lets talk food.

I've been rotting away at home. Rotting leads to messes in the kitchen. Here's the proof:

Say hello to half my mess. They are bagels, not doughnuts. Doughnuts are fried in oil. Bagels are boiled in water. Doughnuts are smothered in sugar. Bagels are fat free. Doughnuts are bad. Bagels are good. End of discussion.

Oh, say hello to doughie, the genesis of my mess. At this time, I would like to dedicate doughie to BUM. Will the congregation please rise for the occasion...

Lets talk more food. Lets talk popiah.

We had popiah for dinner. And I observed a disturbing trend. Girls can roll popiah. Guys can't. End of discussion.

Starting with my very skinny, clean, neatly tucked in popiah. Some people call it kiam siap. I call it si mun.


Moving on to the mother's "about to pao cha", turgid, but still neatly rolled up popiah.And then the guys.

Here's the korkor's popiah: ends flopping around like dumbo's ears.

But nothing beats the father's popiah. It wouldn't stay rolled. He ate it with ze fork and ze spoon.
I observed a disturbing trend. Girls can roll popiah. Guys can't. End of discussion.
.
Oh, my phone died. Also end of discussion.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We also just had popiah yesterday. But took no pictures...haha! Can't recall if your theory of gender rolling popiah skills is valid ;-p But our little koko's plate was messy and the little missy's plate was clean - she also whacked more! And we've had enough popiah to last us quite a while...