Thursday, January 8, 2009

Charcoalbread men

Yesterday, I made Charcoalbread men...

...but that was after I made their fairer counterparts...

So here's the story:

I was bored, so I decided to amuse myself by baking them little critters...take note that I'm still at my brother's apartment...and he doesn't have a hand mixer...or a proper mixing spoon, for that matter...

But as I said, I was bored, so I gallantly stepped into the kitchen, armed with an over sized bowl, a flimsy egg whisk, two butter knives and a salad-serving spoon. I told myself that if pioneer women could do it 100 years ago, so could I. But then I forgot that pioneer women probably didn't have time to bake gingerbread men.

Needless to say, after adding everything together, THE DOUGH STILL WOULD NOT STICK!!!! So I started adding the wet ingredients and mixing and adding more wet ingredients and mixing until the dough looked remotely like dough. According to mum, it's because I didn't cream the butter and sugar with a hand mixer...

Anyways, the end result was a super dry and crumbly dough that would not cooperate with me...but I managed to produce something which was good enough for me...anyways, I was so tired that I left the last batch of cookies in the oven...and went to take a shower...and it was an hour later when I realized that I had made charcoalbread men.

I'm a culinary genius.

*bows* ...thank you, thank you...*wipes a tear away* *bows again*

No comments: