Tuesday, November 4, 2008

America Votes

8 years ago, the family followed dad to US. I was what? 10 years old? *gasps*...

Anyways, it was about the time of the 2000 elections...I was in grade 5, and we had this mock voting thing...and every kid had to go into this cubicle and click on the candidate we wanted to vote for.

So I go in, and I stare at the elephant (republican party) and donkey (democratic party) and like 3 other icons (random parties). And I'm like...Whaaat? There's an election going on? Yeah, so I choose the prettiest picture because it's the prettiest picture, and not some weird animal...and I walk out. Later, the results come out. It goes something like this:

Democrats: 39%
Republican: 60%
Others: 1%

I guess I was that 1%.

8 years later and I'm still blur. Cow was not created for politics.

4 comments:

esiotrot =) said...

lol... knowing u, u probably were the 1%... lol... let's just hope that u don't do that for the real elections...

caryn said...

it will be a looong time b4 i get to vote...=P

esiotrot =) said...

3 yrs only mah... ur bro can vote already... lol... i'll elligible to vote next yr... lol... can u believe it? me voting? *gasps* NO WAY!!!

caryn said...

U vote??? *dies* =P
I meant that I wouldn't be around to vote...