Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ah well, life's like that sometimes..

This has the potential to be a long and boring post. Be warned.
.
K, lets pick up where I last ended (with regards to getting hired)...
.
Before I start work I need a thing called a social security number...so I can get taxed. Yay! Not. Anyways...so I started the big process of applying for the SSN on monday.
.
I woke up EARLY to go visit the human resource department to get some paper work done. The lady gives me a package and tells me to go to Shephard's Mall about 1 mile away where the Social Security Office is. So after classes are done for the day, I get Good Samaritan #1 to drive me there. And...Tutup! Office hours are 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. It's 4.07 pm. I'm 7 minutes late. Ah well, life's like that sometimes. I'll try again tomorrow.
.
The next day, class ends early and the weather is so nice I decide to walk there myself. Tutup. It's Veteran's Day. Ah well...
.
Today I woke up EARLY so that I could reach there EARLY and get it over with. So I walk walk walked. And oh me cowness! The whole office was full!! It was 9.25 am when I took my number -N4- and I waited till 10.45 am before I got called to the window. Half way through..."Sorry ma'am, you are missing a signature from XXX". Ah well...
.
So I walk walk walked back to campus. By the time I got back, it's 11:15 am. Chemistry class has started. So I missed my first class for the semester. What an experience. I get XXX's signature and decide to try my luck and go back to the SSO. I dunno what posessed me. Like seriously.
.
So I walk walk walk back to the SSO. Take a number - N132 - and sit down for 5 minutes before I figure out that there is no way I'm going to make it for my next class on time. So I leave. Ah well...
.
So I go for class. And stone through it. Then after class, I get Good Samaritan #2 to drive me over there AGAIN. I take a number -N196- and wait. wait. wait. I tell G.S. #2 to go home. After all, I'm going to be there forEVER. She goes home. And here's when things start looking up. They call my old -N132- number. Granted, they took half an hour before calling me, but at least my 4th trip wasn't for nothing right?
.
Anyways, they processed my paperwork. And nothing interesting happened. So I walk walk walked back again. I was late for psych class (another first) but at least I got there.
.
On the bright side,
  1. I did eventually manage to get my SSN application done.
  2. I walked a total of 7 miles, burning about 500 calories. I should go get a fat juicy burger to eat.
  3. Dear Father God in Heaven probably won't be testing my patience for a long long time to come. >.<
  4. I can now say that I've skipped a class. I'm human.

Ah well, life's like that sometimes...

Reminds me of the times I ran around WMS chasing for Mrs. P's, Ms Phoon and Mdm Goh's signature...and waiting in the office for the principals (they are busy busy weemen) to put their stamp of approval over my letters...

Ah well, life's like that sometimes...

No comments: