Monday, October 20, 2008

My unadventurous adventure

I'm on Fall Break now...it's a weekend + 2 days holiday...sorta like a post midterms holiday...and like almost everyone went home...but home for me is like...super far...anyways...I decided to be productive and go on an adventure to...
.


and not just the Neighbourhood Walmart down the road...the Walmart Supercenter that is like 2 miles away...
.
btw dad, remember that it's walmart, not walnut...
.
Yeah anyways, I figured that I don't want to bug my roommates and other random kind samaritans all the time to take me places...so I decided I would hop on the bus and take meself to Walmart Supercenter. I'm in America, time to learn independence, babe! =P

So after lunch, I went in search for the bus stop. I didn't know what it looked like, or what I was even looking for...but yeah, I found it...Oh yeah, on the way, I asked Dear Daddy in Heaven for protection against cars (I don't have mum, rachelHubs or calvinDude to save me from getting squished by random vehicles), blurness (self explainatory) and Mr. Creeps (also self explainatory).

Then wait wait wait...for the bus to come...and after like 20 minutes, it came...it reminds me of the metro busses back home...it's kinda dingy...and creaky...and it cost me $1.25...after 2 people after me put the money into the machine thingy, the machine died and they didn't have to pay...[Lesson 1 - be humble and let others get on the bus before you.]
.
Yeah, so the bus stops at Penn Square Mall...and since I'm a poor, kiam siap M'sian kid, I don't want to go to Penn Square Mall...so I had to walk ONE BIG CIRCLE to get to Walmart...I mean I could see it...and I could almost touch it...but because of the dungu fence...I had to walk walk walk...[Lesson 2 - looks can be deceiving.]
.
Okay, so I got into Walmart...and I bought stuff...like duh right? Yeah...nothing interesting happened...
.
Then I walked back to Penn Square Mall...I had like 1/2 hour more before the bus came so I got myself a drink (bleh! I was sooo dehydrated)...and wait wait wait...bus came...I got on bus...the ticket machine thing was spoilt so I didn't pay [Lesson 3 - you don't have to be humble and let others get on the bus before you]...and voila, I got back to the bus stop and I walk walk walked back.
.
And...that's the end of my unadventurous adventure. *Curtain closes*

No comments: