Wednesday, September 3, 2008

MIA's here...

MIA's here...finally...cow was so happy that cow recorded the whole entire unpacking process...




So now that MIA and I are together...I can finally blog about my flight...

5pm, 14 AUG, 2008

I left home...and...rat...loaded Mr. and Mrs. Bag into the car...and drove off to KLIA...


6pm, 14 AUG, 2008
I checked in...and sat at McD's...And had McBubur before I left...

8pm, 14 AUG, 2008
..said my goodbyes...and boarded the plane to Singapore...landed there at I forgot what time...and waited for 8 hours for my Singapore to Hong Kong flight *faints*...but then...how can you be bored when there is coffee?

At about 4 am, the United Airlines counter opened, and I tried to check in, but they informed me that my Hong Kong - LA flight was delayed, so they put me on the Hong Kong - San Francisco - Denver - Oklahoma City flight. Fine. Then they tell me: "System error. We tagged your bags wrongly, please correct our mistake in Hong Kong." Ok. Not like I had a choice right? All the passengers had boarded except for me.


Hereafter, I lost track of time and date
After about 3 hours of flying I reach Hong Kong. I sort out my bags, and they reassure me that everything is ok. Yay! Next thing I know, I'm on my 14 hour flight to San Fransisco.

I am in a 3-4-3 seated plane. I find myself sandwiched between a huge white guy and a skinny chinese man. Sometime after take off, they give out customs/immigration forms to fill out. The flight attendant assumes the skinny chinese man is my father and doesn't give me a customs form. I have to shout at him to get him to understand that I need one. *embarrassing nya*

Then I settle in for a long, long, awfully cramped journey. Hooray. I had 2 amusing things that happened to me over the course of the journey....
Amusing story #1
Airplane food. Did you know that the first bite of airplane food is the best thing you ever tasted? And the second bite, is the worse thing you ever tasted. Funny how it switches tastes on you so fast.


Amusing story #2

The skinny chinese guy next to me needed to pee. The guy on his right was sleeping. I was on his left, but the huge white guy was also on my left. So the skinny chinese guy decides to stand up on his chair, climb over the guy on his right and jump over unto the aisle. Not a bad plan for a acrobat. Anyways, the skinny chinese guy was in the middle of his stunt when the guy on his right woke up. No doubt he felt the presence of an unusual being hovering over him. I tell you, the look of shock and horror and amusement and mirth on the poor man's face was enough to make ME want to pee.

Anyways, I survived the journey and landed at San Fransisco. I found Mr. and Mrs. Bag, managed to yank their fat butts off the conveyor belt unto my trolley, and cleared customs.

Shortly after found my boarding gate there is an announcement that my flight was cancelled. I find myself at customer service, getting a new boarding pass from San Fransisco - L.A. - Oklahoma City. By the way, that was my original flight route.

After that, nothing interesting happened. I was so dead tired dosed at the terminal and slept in the airplane. I even slept during the safety instructions (which I had heard 4 times before) - right under the nose of the flight attendant. How wude...

Then I reach Oklahoma City airport. It is 12 midnight. And I find out that Mr. and Mrs. Bag are in Denver. Huh? How did that happen? Anyways, my dad's friend's friend sorts out the problem with the bags and brings me to the hotel where I stayed my first night in USA.

The next day, he brings me to Oklahoma City University. It's really pretty here.


And that's my tiny cubby-hole of a room...I'll post up pictures of my roomies when blogger has decided to forgive me for uploading so many pictures...

No comments: