Sunday, August 5, 2012

I aint dropping no eaves!

I apologize for the 3 month hiatus. There hasn't been much to talk about besides my new found freedom from nursing school, and the revival of my previously non existent social life.

So me and my buddies were at this Asian restaurant and I overheard this conversation and instantly had an AHA I MUST BLOG ABOUT THIS moment. Here we go...


Unhappy Customer: Excuse me, my child's birthday was on June 2011. Which means he is ONLY 1 year old. Why did you charge me for his meal? He's so young.
Chinese Waitress: Oh I'm sorry, let me check with my manager.

Chinese Waitress: (in Chinese) Hey boss. That man claims his child is only 1 year old, but seriously, the kid is so big he must be at least 3 years old.
Manager: (in Chinese) Let it go, just change the order.

Chinese Waitress #2: What happened?
Chinese Waitress: (forgot to speak in Chinese) He said I charged him wrongly. His kid is so --
Manager: (in Chinese) He's standing behind you.
Chinese Waitress: (in Chinese) Its ok, I was speaking in Chinese. He doesn't understand.
Manager and Waitress #2: (in Chinese together) No you weren't.

Chinese Waitress: (turns very sweetly to the unhappy customer) I talked to the manager and fixed your order. (Big smile)


Sometimes I believe my 4 years in Chinese school was worth it. Today, was one of those moments.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahaha oh Caryn that made my day! xx