Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Penlight

I see a penlight at the end of the tunnel.

A penlight is supposed to be an essential part of the nurse's gear...along with the stethoscope, and other medical-nursie equipment. You are supposed to shine it in the patient's eye and measure the pupil diameter or something like that...

Note that I'm being all blur and fuzzy because I'm only 3 weeks into my first semester as a nursing student. Or maybe its because the last time I studied this much was 3 years ago for SPM. Or maybe its because I should probably be in bed...10 hours ago.

But back to the penlight...

...essentially it is a torchlight in the shape of a pen. And has a pupil measuring scale at the side of it...and it has a nifty little clip...just like a pen.

But let me introduce you to a awesomer version of the penlight:

Cool eh? Now THAT is a pen with a light. It also has an awesome moo which may be useful for when you need to wake a patient up. That, or send him/her into cardiac arrest.

No comments: