Saturday, August 14, 2010

Airthoughts.

Airthought #1
Ever got shot for trying to smell decent?

I did - shot by a deodorant ball thingy. Open the cap and BANG, the thing flies in your face. Something about altitude and air pressure, I believe. Whatever it is, it gave me a scare, I tell you.


Airthought #2
Never complain about a flipping 12 hour journey.

So this high school kid walks into the baggage collection area, sees her parents, and exclaims, "I'm never going on another flipping (language has been modified for children) 12 hour flight!!" Honey, I've been on the road for twice that amount of time, and its gonna take me another 12 hours to reach my destination.


Airthought #3
Necessity is the mother of invention...and strange looks.

After clearing customs, I had to take my huge 28 inch bag and recheck it into the next airline. Problem is, it was past midnight, and the check in counter wasn't open till the next morning. Problem is, I also had my cabin bag and another overweight carry-on baggie containing my overweight laptop. Problem is, I had to take several escalators to the top floor. Problem is, once I got there, I had to pee. Problem is, the bathroom was on the bottom floor. Problem is, in America, I look like a poor, scrawny little asian girl.

So imagine the looks I got lugging all those bags up and down the escalators. As for me, I just smiled and waved. Cute and cuddly, ya know?

1 comment:

ry said...

woah, i didn't know deodorant could serve as a weapon too!