Saturday, April 10, 2010

Eggsplosion

2 weeks ago, I blogged about raising funds for Relay for Life. Last night was the event itself, where we camped outside all night to raise awareness for cancer.

Yeah, sooo...our team sold egg rolls as part of our fundraising efforts. Deep fried, fat laden, artery blocking nuggets wrapped up in a golden-brown-and-delicious wrapper. So basically, we are endorsing that its okay to have a cardiovascular disease, just as long as it is not cancer. rotf!

I'll skip to the exciting part to where the electric deep fryer konked out and we brought out the good old fashion gas burner. And I'll skip the argument about how the weird odor we were smelling was really just the plastic table melting under the heat (carcinogens, I know!). And I will fast forward to the point where I had just moved 2 feet away from the gas burner and BOOM!! The whole contraption exploded.

Good job guys.

Thank God no one got hurt. The only two victims of war was a fellow cook's hair which got singed at the ends, and a couple uncooked egg rolls which caught fire. And because laughter makes everything bad and scary better, we had a good laugh at the expense of our war heroes.

So yes, that's the story of how I nearly lost my eyebrows. I can tell you for a fact that life does switch to slow-mo when things like these happen. And your life does kinda flash before your eyes, in a surreal and totally "huh!?' way. But I can also tell you for a fact that there is a someone up there who does keep watch over us. =)

No comments: