Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tan Siew Pau

Std 1 Girl: (for the 3rd week in a row) Teacher...tell me...are you siewpau?
Me: Who says I'm siewpau? Just now siewpau wore dungarees, I'm wearing jeans.
Std 1 Girl: Noo...each time I see you, you always wear the same shirt, shoes and glasses as siewpau.
Me: Really?
Std 1 Girl: Yes, reaaaally!!
Me: Oh...that was my twin.
Std 1 Girl: What?
Me: You didn't know ah? I have a twin sister named Tan Siew Pau. And you know right, twins always wear the same clothes.
Std 1 Girl: Bluffing me!
Me: You don't believe me?
Std 1 Girl: No.
Me: Go ask the teacher over there.

The Teacher Over There: Yes?
Std 1 Girl: Does siewpau have a twin?
The Teacher Over There: Of course! And you know who their father is?
Std 1 Girl: Who?
The Teacher Over There: Pastor!
Std 1 Girl: (confused) Reaaaally?

Std 1 Girl: Teacher Caryn, tell me lah...
Me: Tell you what?
Std 1 Girl: Do you really have a twin?

Lol...kids nowadays...

And yes, we eventually did her the truth.

3 comments:

ry said...

i'm confused.

Do you have a twin???

LOL.

btw, whats your chinese name? heh.

caryn said...

hahaha...i'm tan soon yong.

siewpau is my stage name in sunday school. i just like confusing that kid...=)

rach said...

you are e.v.i.l. and dont tell me that kid is Regina LOL.