Sunday, May 10, 2009

Here's a story for you.

I can't sleep (I'm gonna be doing some major jetlagging), so here's a story for you...
.
My rule of thumb when it comes to weighing luggage is, "If I can lift it, it isn't overweight". By the way, the cut off point, according to United Airlines, overweight is 23 kg or 50 pounds. So, this time around, when I packed my suitcase, I did the Lift Test and it passed easily.
.
But because (once in a while) I'm not a scatterbrain, I weighed it on my friend's questionable scale and it was 5 pounds overweight. But I kinda liked the scale bcoz it made ME 5 pounds underweight...but that's another story.
.
Anyways, I did some repacking and got it down to 50 pounds and left it at that.
.
You see where this is heading? Yeah, it ended up 1.5 pounds overweight, but the (God bless her) flight attendant didn't even bat an eye.
.
Moral of the story, don't take weight training classes. And FYI, I don't look like arnie swatzewhatshisface.
.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is not that if you lift it that its not overweight, capacity of all the human beings are different and so it should not be weighted this way.
holidays to turkey