Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break: An Evaluation

I wasn't looking forward to Spring Break with a whole bunch of enthusiasm...maybe it was because everyone was going home...and I was not...I mean, I was looking forward to a break, but one whole week seemed a tad bit too long.
.
But today, one of my international friends summed up what I felt about spring break: I like doing boring things.
.
I like the everyday mundaneness of waking up, grabbing breakfast, going to work, preparing lunch, going back to work, going to the gym, taking an (extra) long shower, preparing dinner, and bumming for the rest of the night.
.
Sure, work over spring break has been a long drawn process. I've "ghosted" 5 computers, installed about a million updates on them and hauled them from goodness knows what building back to my office.
.
Sure, I spent 2 hours squirting windex and wiping it off from every single computer screen in every single classroom on this campus.
.
Sure, chopping up veggies on a teeny chopping board and handling raw meat in a teeny little dorm room is like trying to fit an elephant in a fridge. (Ref: Elephant Joke. Har har?)
.
Sure, spending 1-2 hours in the gym (almost) everyday can turn you into a stink bomb.
.
...but I sure wish I didn't have to go back to class tommorow.

No comments: