Thursday, November 20, 2008

"The magic number is 5" and other short stories.

I visited the Social Security Office 5 times before getting my application done.
.
On Wednesday I got my SS Card in the mail...and had to do some paperwork with the admin office. Due to certain 'complications' I ended up visiting the admin office 5 times. FIVE TIMES!
.
Anyways, I'm authorized to work now...so that's good news...sort of..*kicks my lazy butt in the butt*
.
.
.
International Showcase was today...where international students partnered the cafeteria to produce international food for the student body. Malaysia was in charge of dessert...and the Malay ladies made kuih ketayap and some green bean porridge/soup. So since I don't, can't and will not cook, I served. And man it was tiring. *kau-tows to all waiters of the world*
.
Yeah, so now I have a huge backache...but on the plus side, I've India's nasi beriyani in my tums. *pats stomach, smiles and belches* Only thing...it wasn't spicy at all (Imagine the ang-mors running to the water dispenser). And the yogurt with chives was made with vanilla yogurt. o.O *taste buds goes wonky*
.
I'll post up pictures when I get them.
.
.
.
Oh, I had a "more than answered" prayer today.
.
I was walking to class, after a SUPER TIRING 4 hours at the international showcase...the wind was blowing SO HARD in my face I could barely move forward...and it was taking the oxygen past me so fast I could HARDLY GULP DOWN ENOUGH AIR...and I had to run to the admin office before 5 pm...and CLEAN THE BATHROOM...so I whispered, "Dear God, please let me out of class early today."
.
And behold, I looked up, and my classmates walked out of the building. Class was cancelled. *beams*
.
Someone up there knows when you need a breather. And sometimes, He gives more than you ask for.

No comments: